Saturday, May 22, 2010

2 sleeps to go!


Getting pretty close now. I would like to say I am calm and composed, but I guess the amount of times I think about Tuesday, and the lack of food comforts belie that! Won't have time to type anything tomorrow, and Tuesday is the day, so this is it for now.

Put these pictures up to remind me of the reason I am doing all this - here's Mali and Tess in Brisbane, and Daniel and Laine below, and I would just love to attend all their 21st birthdays.
Of course, not forgetting "Tai Chi Pete," who is giving me lots of support, and has been picking things up off the floor for me for ages, since I haven't been able to do it for myself.

















And I mustn't forget the littlest one, Ivy, who is now 3 months old in Brisbane. Looking forward to seeing them all soon.




Went to a Support group meeting a few weeks ago in Taree, and met six ladies who have been through the process themselves, with the same surgeon etc. The fact that they are all alive and well gives me a lot of hope! :-) But I found out an interesting fact: The surgeon does this operation with the patient in a sitting position - woah!! He literally operates standing between your legs. I really hope I don't flop forward and knock him over!! Must be a bit tough for the anaesthetist to keep all his stuff in place. ...... Okay, I won't even try to picture all that, I shall be peacefully sleeping. Forget it!! Forget it!!

Well, that's it for now. Think I will go and rustle up some lunch - mmmm! Strawberry jelly with a strawberry Optifast milkshake, about as good as it gets at the moment. I am hanging out for even the smallest portion of a Pub dinner in a few weeks' time. I'll continue post-op. Bye, xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey mum I was wondering had the people in the support group lost a lot of weight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be thinking of you Ruth. Hope it fulfills all your expectations.

    ReplyDelete