Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's Done!

Well, here I am, back from the surgeon's knife!! Don't feel a lot different so far, and certainly don't feel like I have a blue band around the top of my stomach! Sorry no pictures this time, as the only ones I have are of the stab wounds in my tummy, and I think I'll keep those to myself.

Anyway, I won't bore you with the details of the operation, suffice it to say it all went well, and I made it out the other side, had my night in hospital, and now I'm home. I am a bit sore around the tummy, as you would expect, with five cuts here and there, and by the way the Dr. found a hiatus hernia whilst he was doing his work, and so fixed that up as well. Great job!

So......as far as food is concerned now, I am not allowed any!! Probably a bit harsher than before op. but now we have to be sure that the little stomach pocked doesn't stretch until it settles in, so it's back to liquids in small doses for a few weeks. I can have "anything that can fit through a straw". So today I have enjoyed some "Up and Go" milk drink, some pumpkin soup, a little drinking yoghurt, a glass of Berocca (for the vitamin content), and tonight I will try some more soup. Not too bad really. Everything in moderation at the moment. Sipping instead of guzzling.

I did have a moment's thought that perhaps I could blend up a baked dinner and see if it would suck up a straw, but sanity has prevailed, and I will wait! The stupid thing is I have sat through three cooking shows this afternoon (boredom and rain outside), which doesn't really help your mindset for liquids.

Pete is having meatloaf and baked sweet potato tonight, and I have kindly made him a Bread and Butter custard for his dessert,(why am I torturing myself!!) - as the poor fellow was losing weight on his own cooking! Never mind, tomorrow night he can have a big nosh up at the pub!!

So.....I haven't any weight loss to tell you this time, because I have so many winter clothes on that I would rather not go near the scales. But I have to say that maybe the Doctor was right, I really don't feel hungry at all. It is more a kind of memory thing, and a habit of thinking of food which is hard to lose. Still, so far so good, and I will keep trying to do just as I am told to.
Thanks for that advice, Trish!! (Trish is my friend in Port who had her lapband done some years ago, and lost 48 kg. She just told me to "do as I am told". So I am!)

Anyway, that's it for now. If anyone wants to know anything more about lapbanding or Dr. Peck, here is the link:

http://www.latitude31.com.au/node/296

I'm sure I will see you all around sometime - maybe you won't recognize me soon! Ha Ha! xx

2 comments:

  1. Yes recovery is so much better if you do as you are told. It's only a few weeks.

    I got told to take multivitamins. I didn't do it enough. My iron is low and my hair is falling out. So keep up the multi's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you Mumbly!

    ReplyDelete