Friday, May 7, 2010

Counting Down!


Hi everyone.

Here's a photo of my food intake for the next 2 weeks. 42 sachets of Optifast! Just add water!
Not sure how this is going to go, but I will give it a big try. At least there is some variety in there, vegie soup, chicken soup, my favourite lemon wafer dessert, chocolate dessert, some shakes - coffee, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry. After all, it is only for 2 weeks before, and 2 weeks after. Just a month out of my life - nothing really.

But what I have found this week is that if you don't eat, and don't focus too much on food, you have huge amounts of time to kill!! Never realised how much time in the day was spent on food - cups of tea and a book, working out meals, eating meals, clearing up after meals, social eating, etc. I need to find more things to fill my days.

As I rode around on my bike on a chilly morning this week, (trying in vain to increase fitness levels for the upcoming operation), I couldn't believe what I wrote in the last blog! Did I actually tell all and sundry that I weighed 120 kg??? Yep, I think I did. I was amazed at my audacity, because my weight has always been a well kept secret from everyone - even Peter. Why on earth would I do that? How embarrassing!!

The only answer I could come up with is that it no longer matters to me, because it is my PAST weight. It is never going to be that again, so I care not what people think I USED to weigh. Same with looking in the mirror - don't do it very often. Now I am, because I really WANT to see the differences which will happen.

So....here I am, in all my glory. Bum like a Kalahari bushman, and an 8 month pregnant stomach. Oh well, it is the old me. Just picture this when you see me next Christmas.

I actually went to an event yesterday where there was an array of afternoon tea, including lovely little cupcakes, scones with jam and cream, caramel slices, fresh sandwiches. I was able to turn my back on the food, and shake my head at the waitress. Yahoo!! Would never have done that before. I think I must be taking this seriously!

Mother's Day tomorrow. Happy Mother's day to all Mums out there!!! Hope you have a really lovely family day. We are celebrating a little today, and tomorrow going out in the little red boat on the beautiful Manning to see if we can catch some fish. No matter if we don't, it is just magic being out on the water hopefully in a bit of sunlight, enjoying the serenity.

By the way, I have lost 2 kg.!! Bye for now. xx

3 comments:

  1. I'm really happy for you mum, and proud of you for sharing your weight like that. You sound so strong and ready. I pray you will find other things in life to enjoy to fill the gap left by food - I'm sure there are many things out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come back to Craft and learn some new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coffee and strawberry shakes are the best.

    If you get bored with the shakes, you can make one up and partially freeze it and eat it as a slushie. Just gives you some extra texture!

    Do you know there are Optifast bars out there too? I found I missed "chewing" and these helped.

    ReplyDelete