Tuesday, May 18, 2010

6 days to go!


Wow! Getting close now. Believe it or not, I have lost 6 kg. in the lead up to this operation. Well, why wouldn't I, existing on fasting sachets and vegies. And the occasional cuppa. I am getting used to it though, and the lo-cal jellies help a lot. Me and my sweet tooth!

Some people have suggested that maybe I won't need the operation now, as I am losing weight anyway. Yeah, sounds good, but I have lost this amount of weight countless times before - even more that 6 kg. It is just that it goes back on. So this time I am eliminating the risk of putting it back on by creating a back stop. It has been suggested that is a brave thing to do, but I sometimes think it is a cop out, and I'll accept a cop out if gives me a few extra years.

The above picture is us last weekend in Sydney at my brother's 60th party. Funny how critical I get about myself, but even in black, I reckon I look so big. Maybe it's because I am standing next to Mr. Skinny! Anyway, once again, it is the "old" me, so onward and upward - or inward!

So.......next Monday afternoon we have to travel to Port Macquarie Private Hospital, have a lengthy chat with an anaesthetist, see the surgeon and have another chat with him, and then come home. Back again the next morning for the big banding, then Pete back home, me staying in one night, Pete coming back on Wed. hopefully to pick me up and take me home, all being well.

Pete's Tai Chi classes are going really well, and he is thinking of doing another class at Upper Lansdowne, if there is enough interest. Maybe I could even join up when I can balance on one foot, and concentrate on one thing at a time! Bye for now, I'll blog again before the big day.

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of us felt like that when we lost weight pre-surgery. But that's not a sustainable diet. Post op (once you're on normal food) is at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunty Roo, so proud of you. I'm thinking of you Xxx

    ReplyDelete